Commercial Cannabis Cultivation License Credit/Refund Documents:
New Cannabis Office Hours for Appendix C Questions!
In order to assist the public in completing their Appendix C checklists, Trinity County is now offering office hours. Beginning February 10, 2022, applicants can meet with a LACO Planner via Zoom for questions regarding the permitting process and assistance with their applications.
Office hours will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am – 11:00 am in 15- or 30-minute time slots. Applicants can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a meeting. When requesting an appointment, please include:
- your name;
- project name;
- email address;
- phone number; and
- a list or brief explanation of questions to allow staff to prepare.
The applicant will then be sent a Zoom invitation from LACO for either a 15-minute or 30-minute time slot to review their questions. Time slot length will be determined based on the number of requests and complexity of questions.
Appointments will be scheduled on first-come, first-serve basis. The intent of these appointments is to educate the public on the application process, and assist in filling out the Appendix C checklist. It is not intended to provide status updates on previously submitted projects.
Is Your Contact Information Up to Date?
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility (and, if applicable, their authorized agent's responsibility) to ensure that the Trinity County Cannabis Division has accurate and up to date contact information for the applicant (and, if applicable, their authorized agent). Mandatory contact information includes email, phone number, and mailing address.
The Trinity County Cannabis Division will use the contact information provided on the applicant's most recently submitted license application for all communications, unless otherwise updated by the applicant or their authorized agent(s). The Trinity County Cannabis Division shall not be responsible for any communication not received by the applicant (or their authorized representative) if accurate and up to date contact information has not been provided in writing.
If the applicant (or their authorized representative) contact information needs to be updated, please email the Trinity County Cannabis Division at email@example.com.
Cannabis Program Informational Update Meetings:
Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) Information:
Starting October 20th, the Planning Department Cannabis Division is accepting Appendix C documents for all existing and new licensees. The prioritization for reviewing Appendix C documents is outlined in the Transition Plan.
- Mitigation Measure Applicability Table
- The following table is intended to identify which of the mitigation measures included in the Trinity County Cannabis Program EIR are applicable to specific projects. This is to be included with any Appendix C: Environmental Checklist submission.
- State Project Description
- Copy of Transition Plan adopted by BOS on October 19th, 2021
- The Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) Submittal Coversheet will need to be completed for Appendix C Environmental Checklists.
- Electronic submittals are encouraged via email with the subject line "Appendix C for CCL ###".
- Emailed submissions should be sent to the new Cannabis Division general email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While it is highly encouraged to use an environmental professional, the Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) can be completed by anyone.
- All supporting scientific studies and reports must be completed by qualified professionals (i.e. Qualified Biologist, Licensed Geologist etc.).
- Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) - PDF
- Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) - WORD Doc
- List of Consultants
- How to Become a Qualified Professional
- Trinity County Cannabis Program Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR)
Cannabis Program Updates/Policy Memos:
- Inactive Commercial Cannabis License Files and Transfers
- Cannabis Program Update for the Week of September 20, 2021
- DCC Memo: State Provisional Licenses Remain Valid in Trinity County
- Cannabis Program Update for the Week of September 13, 2021
- Memo Regarding TAA vs. County Trinity (Case No. 19cv00) Judgment
- December 8, 2020 Policy Memo on Inactive Commercial Cannabis Cultivation Licenses and Transfers
Cultivation Medium Outdoor (Type III) License Availability – Updated 12/20/19
Currently, the Planning Department Cannabis Division has confirmed interest from the first 15 eligible 2016/2017 CCL holders. At this time all 15 available licensees are reserved. However, please check back for updates on this process.
|Cannabis Fee Schedule|
|Class Type||Application Fee||General Plan Update Fee|
|Cultivation Specialty Cottage Outdoor||$750.00||$250.00|
|Cultivation Specialty Cottage Mixed Light||$1,500.00||$250.00|
|Cultivation Specialty Cottage Indoor||$2,000.00||$250.00|
|Cultivation Specialty Outdoor and Mixed Light||$3,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cultivation Small Outdoor and Mixed Light||$5,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cultivation Medium Outdoor (candidates only)||$8,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cultivation Self Transport||No Fee||No Fee|
|Distribution Type 11 (Distributor)||$6,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Distibution Type 13 (Transport Only)||$2,000.00||No Fee|
|Manufacturing Type 6||$5,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Manufacturing Type 7||$6,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Manufacturing Type N||$2,000.00||$500.00|
|Manufacturing Type P||$2,000.00||$500.00|
|Manufacturing Type S (not currently available)||
$2,000 for non cultivators
No fee for culivators
|Microbusiness Specialty Cottage||$2,500.00||$750.00|
Intial Fee: $2 per square foot
Renewal Fee: $1,000
|$1,000 for both initial and renewal|
|Cannabis Variance Fee||$751.00||No Fee|
|Conditional Use Permit||$2,439.001||No Fee|
1 - Ask staff for a fee estimate prior to writing a check/submitting formal payment. This is the base value associated with CUP applications and the total fee cost is project specific.
Appeal Form (Application Fee of $500)
Hoop House Guidance Updated 5/30/2018
What is NOT considered a hoop house Updated 5/30/2018
California Department of Fish and Wildlife Related Documents
Guidance from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife for Compliance with Fish and Game Code 1602 (updated December 1, 2017)
California Department of Fish & Wildlife Notification of Lake or Streambed Alteration Webpage
California State Waterboard Related Documents
Opt Out Area Maps
Weaverville CSD - North (Weaverville)
Weaverville CSD - South (Weaverville & Douglas City)
Less Than 3-Acre Conversions