If you are interested in volunteering your time to help others during a disaster or emergency, you may be interested in registering as a Disaster Service Worker (DSW) Community Volunteer in Trinity County. The Trinity County Office of Emergency Services is recruiting community volunteers to enhance our preparedness capabilities during a large-scale response.
A few examples of potential opportunities registered disaster service community volunteers could assist with are:
- Assisting in evacuation centers and shelters
- Recovery and donation assistance
- Emergency communications
- Conducting traffic control
- Helping care for and feed animals
- Provide assistance in cooling and clean air centers
After receiving the completed volunteer application, Trinity County will ask potential volunteers to complete a live scan/background screening. Once the scan is processed, OES will contact you to complete a disaster service oath. This program is for those over 18 years old.
- If interested, please contact Trinity County Office of Emergency Services (OES).
- Or you may complete the online Disaster Service Worker Community Volunteer registration; this online registration will be emailed directly to the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator,
- or you can complete a paper application and send it to the Office of Emergency Services:
61 Airport Road, Weaverville, CA
Phone: (530) 623-1116
Fax: (530) 623-5094
Email: Click Here
If you are a healthcare professional with an active license there are also opportunities to assist patients during a disaster through California's Disaster Healthcare Volunteer Program. You will be asked to register as a Disaster Service Worker through Trinity County's DSW Community Volunteer program.