RECYCLING IN TRINITY COUNTY
For more information: Solid Waste Office 530-623-1326
SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING AT THE HAYFORK TRANSFER STATION:
372 Hayfork Dump Road, Hayfork CA 96041
Tues, Fri and Sat: 9 am to 2 pm
items/materials you can and cannot recycle.
PAPER RECYCLING (CLEAN AND DRY) AT THE WEAVERVILLE TRANSFER STATION:
173 Tom Bell Road, Weaverville, CA 96093
7:30 am to 3:00 pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
CALIFORNIA REDEMPTION VALUE (CRV) CERTIFIED BUY BACK CENTER, TRINITY RECYCLING CENTER:
1600 Davis Road, Weaverville CA 96093
• Pays California Redemption Value for CA CRV bottles and cans
• Takes for free other plastics 1-7
• Takes for free other small all aluminum containers (you can test if it's all aluminum by touching it with a magnet. If it doesn't stick, it's all aluminum.)
OTHER RECYCLING/LOCATIONS: Other items such as household hazardous waste, yard waste, used oil, batteries, etc. are accepted for proper disposal or recycling at Trinity County Transfer Stations.
MANDATORY COMMERCIAL RECYCLING (MCR)
State law now requires all businesses and public agencies that generate 4 or more cubic yards of waste per week, and apartment communities/multi-family housing with 5 or more units, to recycle.
• Recycling may provide opportunities for your business to save money.
• Recycling helps conserve resources and extends the life of California’s landfills. It also helps create a healthy environment for our community and future generations.
How to start recycling at your business/apartment complex:
1. Ask your employees/tenants to separate recyclable items from trash.
2. Arrange to donate, sell and/or for pickup of your recyclable materials with a hauler.
More Information about Commercial Recycling: