Adult Services


Health and Human Services
Adult Services Unit
Phone: 530-623-8209
24-Hour Hotline: 530-623-1314
Fax: 530-623-6628

[Click here to report Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse]


Online Training for Mandated Reporters available here

Trinity County Adult Services programs are designed to protect and support the elderly and disabled, as well as adults who are at-risk due to a lack of access to health care, health coverage, or access to supportive services.

Within the guidelines of these programs, Trinity County Adult Services is able to provide a wide variety of services, including investigation of abuse, neglect, and self-neglect of adults, in-home care for qualified vulnerable adults and children, referrals to caregivers, supportive services for those who need help accessing health coverage, health care, and other services, and money management and conservatorship services for those who need assistance with managing their personal, medical and financial affairs.   

Adult Protective Services (APS) responds to reports from individuals, concerned citizens, social service and health providers, and law enforcement representatives about developmental disabled adults, physically and mentally disabled adults, and the elderly who may be physically or financially abused, neglected, or exploited. Upon receipt of a referral, APS sends a social worker to make a home visit or contact the elder or dependent adult. Trinity County APS Hotline: (530) 623-1314.

In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) is a federal, state, and locally funded program designed to provide assistance to those eligible aged, blind, and disabled individuals who, without this care, would be unable to remain safely in their own homes. IHSS receives and process applications for those needing services. A social worker goes to the home to conduct an assessment of the person's needs. Staff screen, enroll, and train IHSS care providers and maintain a list of care providers who are approved to provide IHSS services. 

Public Guardian/Public Conservator provides conservatorship investigations and services for elderly and disabled adults. The Public Guardian's office also offers a Representative Payee program to provide financial management for Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries who need help managing their Social Security or SSI payments.