Transitional Services for Youth

There are a variety of services available to youth who are in foster care from age 16 and up, including some services for youth as they age out of foster care and beyond, transitioning to independence. Trinity County CWS offers an Independent Living Program (ILP) to help youth who are 16-21 gain skills for independence and to help them with college, job rediness and living on their own.  For More information, please contact the local CPS office and ask for the ILP Coordinator, Angela Berglund at 530-623-1314.

Additional supportive services can include Extended Foster Care benefits for youth who are 18-21, assistance with college through the Chaffee grant, and many other programs.  Here are links to some of the other youth advocacy sites and program websites that offer more information.


College and Financial Aid


Youth Advocacy Links