INDIVIDUAL, COMMUNITY, TRINITY PREPARED
Before Wildfire Strikes, Develop an Action Plan
· Where to go — Have a safe destination planned, such as the home of a friend or relative, or an evacuation center.
· How to get there — Plan several travel route options, just in case one route is blocked.
· What to take — Assemble an emergency supply kit long before a wildfire or other disaster occurs. Plan to be away from home for at least 3 weeks. Remember to pack all medications and needed medical equipment. Prepare a plan for pets and livestock as well.
· Ensure that you have access to emergency notifications by signing up for the Trinity County Alert System, CodeRed.
Take Action Immediately when Wildfire Strikes
· Stay Calm.
· Review your Evacuation Checklist.
· Ensure your Emergency Supply Kit is in your vehicle.
· Locate your pets and take them with you.
· Cover up to protect against heat and flying embers; wear long pants, long sleeve shirt, heavy shoes or boots, and a head/face cover, such as a bandana or towel.
To learn more about CodeRed and other resources visit the Trinit County OES webpage
For more information on Wildfire Preparedness visit Cal Fire's Ready for Wildfire webpage
Prepare a Family Communication Plan