INDIVIDUAL, COMMUNITY, TRINITY PREPARED
Before Wildfire Strikes, Develop an Action Plan
· Where to go — Have a safe destination planned, such as the home of a friend or relative, or an evacuation center.
· How to get there — Plan several travel route options, just in case one route is blocked.
· What to take — Assemble an emergency supply kit long before a wildfire or other disaster occurs. Plan to be away from home for at least 3 weeks. Remember to pack all medications and needed medical equipment. Prepare a plan for pets and livestock as well.
· Ensure that you have access to emergency notifications by signing up for the Trinity County Alert System, CodeRed.
Take Action Immediately when Wildfire Strikes
· Stay Calm.
· Review your Evacuation Checklist.
· Ensure your Emergency Supply Kit is in your vehicle.
· Locate your pets and take them with you.
· Cover up to protect against heat and flying embers; wear long pants, long sleeve shirt, heavy shoes or boots, and a head/face cover, such as a bandana or towel.
Prepare You and Your Family for Disasters
Prepare. Plan. Stay informed.
Don't forget to complete a medication list so that you can refill during or after an emergency!