January 16, 2019
FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...
The Flood Watch is now in effect for
* A portion of northwest California, including Mendocino and Trinity counties and Southern Humboldt county.
* From Wednesday evening through Thursday morning
* Heavy rain is expected late Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday night. Three to five inches of rain can be expected from Wednesday afternoon through Thursday afternoon. The heaviest rain is expected to fall Wednesday night.
* Ponding of water on roadways, rises on small rivers and creeks, and mud slides or debris flows over recent burn scar areas are
possible with locally heavy rain.
All residents are encouraged to go to the CalFire website at http://www.readyforwildfire.org/Prepare-for-Wildfire/ and ensure they are prepared for fire season.
We all need to be prepared. Please take a few minutes and consider the information on the website so we are best prepared as residents to do our part to help protect what we have earned!
Information on CodeRED:
All residents of Trinity County are encouraged to sign up to receive CodeRED messages of their choosing: i.e. email, text and phone (landline and cell). All information is treated for official use only, to be used only as a means for disseminating emergency information.
CodeRED Signup: https://public.coderedweb.com/cne/en-US/BF42F95647FB
CodeRED Mobile Download: https://www.onsolve.com/solutions/products/codered/mobile-alert-app/codered-mobile-apps-download/
OES is also in the process of being qualified through FEMA to send emergency messages by way of television, radio or cell phone within the Trinity County Operational Area (TCOA) during a time of a disaster (it is the same method as the weekly test scrolling on the television or interrupting a radio broadcast).
The Integrated Public Alert Warning System (IPAWS) uses the US Emergency Alert System (EAS) and the Wireless Emergency Alert (WEA) to send emergency messages across televisions, radios and any cell phone capable of receiving messages within the operational area. More information about IPAWS is below:
- CodeRED - IPAWS architecture
- CodeRED - IPAWS Guide
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
Buckhorn Traffic Cam (via Caltrans)
Oregon Mountain Traffic Cam (via Caltrans):
Local Chain Requirements (via Caltrans)