Vital Records: Birth, Death & Marriage

Three ways to obtain a Certified Copy of a Vital Record:

1. In-Person     

If you would like to obtain your Birth, Death or Marriage Certificate by coming into our office, you do not need an appointment. You may complete the application ahead of time online using the Online Self Service.
IN THE OFFICE we accept cash, check, and credit/debit (additional fee applies).


2. Online   

Pay with a credit card - additional fees apply:  Vitalchek


3. By Mail with a money order or cashier's check

You will need to download the form below

You will need to sign both the Sworn Statement (and sign under penalty of perjury), and have the Certificate of Acknowledgement notarized if you want a certified copy.
All these forms must be mailed to the Trinity County Clerk/Recorder Office along with the proper fee.

 Mailing Address:
 Trinity County Clerk/Recorder
 PO Box 1215
 Weaverville CA 96093

In order to qualify for an Authorized certified copy, you must be:

  • The applicant (person listed on the certificate) or parent or legal guardian of the applicant
  • A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record in order to comply with the requirements of §3140 of 7603 of the Family Code
  • A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business (companies representing a governmental agency must provide authorization from the government agency)
  • A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the applicant
  • An attorney representing the applicant of the applicant's estate, of any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the applicant or the applicant's estate.
  • Any relationship different than those mentioned above would be entitled to a certified Informational copy only.

Per Health & Safety Code 103650 - The fee for any search of the files and records performed by the custodian of the records for a specific record when no certified copy is made shall be paid in advance by the applicant. The fee shall be the same as the fee required in Section 103625.


Back to Clerk/Recorder webpage