Having some trouble coping with the aftermath of a fire emotionally or just wanting ot have some support and share information?
Check out the flyers below and tune into the Calendar link to see if anything strikes a chord that sounds right for you.
Trinity County Wildfire Crisis Counseling Outreach.
Erosion Control on burned properties can be a problem. Check out the flyer links for programs that can help through the USDA/NRCS links below and contacts on the RESOURCES page.
NRCS: Erosion Conrtol help and Ag assistance programs for Grants and Loans.
The June deadlines have past but our NRCS contact tells us there is always another timeline starting so if you feel you have missed a deadline please contact their office via the links below and on the resource pages and talk to someone about upcoming service programs for the coming seasons. Maybe there will be something that can fill your needs.
In need of legal service help related to the August Fire Disaster on your property?
Disaster Legal Services (DLS) provides free legal help to low-income disaster survivors. If you're not able to get adequate legal services for your disaster-related needs, DLS may be able to help.
To qualify for DLS, you must be a low-income survivor of a presidentially declared disaster.
You can call to get a referral to DLS:
Reminder; Low income and disaster grant and loan information can be found on the resources, business resources and rebuilding pages ...
There is also a new document link added below under "helpful Recovery information" for virtual recovery workshops by United Policy Holders.
See more information on the Debris Recovery page
ROE acceptance period through February 15, 2021 has ended.
Good Idea: Ask questions about Debris Removal Phases and the status of properties at this phone number provided by Tetra Tech:Homeowner Contact Line: (530) 767-7013.
Some new information has been added to the Business Resources and Rebuilding pages for the August Fire Recovery .
Several fliers are available to look at involving Water Well Grant resources, Home Repair Loan programs and some financing fact sheets.
At the left are links to some maps that contain information given by the USFS whose link is provided above.
- August Complex Areas of Special Concern-Map
- August Complex Focus Areasand burn severity -Map
- Rapid Vegetation Assessment-map-Summary
Trinity County has been included in the major disaster declaration for the California Wildfires (DR-4558-CA), providing access to Public Assistance and Individual Assistance. FEMA's individual assistance program provides grants to help eligible survivors with financial assistance that may include rent, home repair, home replacement and other disaster-related needs such as childcare, medical and dental expenses. Apply for disaster assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency online at www.disasterassistance.gov; by downloading the FEMA app to a smartphone or tablet; or by calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585) between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. Pacific.
The deadline to register for FEMA Individual Assistance has passed however a continued rental assistance may be available see the continued rental assistance letter link below.
If you are a property owner, renter, or lease lot holder and would like more information, please call 530-623-8223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to provide your property address, parcel number (APN), and phone number.
Helpful Recovery information , Services and forms are listed here :
- NCRS fact Sheet Catastrophic Wildfire Assistance for landowners
- The LAC is closed now but the location is still being used for supplies storage and facilitation for reach out to the community on a limited basis. Try using the phone number for inforation and access.
- Damage Survey Assessment Information Form The Red Cross deadline is passed but there is contact information in the flyer.
- Flood after Fire Flyer
- After Wildfire Flood information video- informacion de espanol-Spanish language
- You tube flood after Fire video; higher risk
- USDA-Rural Development ; Website for programs assisting with domestic water line damage and more- these go year round, if you have missed a deadline ask them what is coming up for the futute programs with new deadlines for applications.
- NRCS-USDA Catastrophic Fire Assistance on Private land fact Sheet
General information related to fires, rebuilding
- Hazard Tree Removal FAQ information sheet
- Defensible Space Flyer Rebuild or prepare for the future with this information
- Homeowners checklist
- Simple changes can reduce your risk to fire CalOES Fact Sheet
- Chimney Fire precautions (english)
- Chimney Fires Precautions (spanish)
- Fire Information:
- Northwest Fire Information: 707-867-0965
- Northeast Fire Information: 530-628-0039
- Email: 2020.Elkhorn@firenet.gov
- www.facebook.com @ShastaTrinityNF; @SixRiversNF; @MendocinoNF
InciWeb - Incident Information System - https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/
CalTrans District 2 - https://dot.ca.gov/caltrans-near-me/district-2
USDA Forest Service Active Fire Mapping Program - https://fsapps.nwcg.gov/#
North Coast Air Quality Management District (NCUAQMD) Wildfire Smoke Air Quality Index - http://www.ncuaqmd.org/index.php?page=wildfire.aqi