Cannabis Ordinance Update 2023:
Local Equity Program Information:
Trinity County’s application, with the Governors Office of Business and Economic Development( GO-Biz), for type 2 Equity grant funds was not approved. We will reapply in late 2023.
- Equity Program Application and Eligibility We have not been awarded the grant yet but are hopeful we will find out soon. Once we hear the news we will post confirmation here.
- Local Equity Program Manual
- Cannabis Equity Assessment
Commercial Cannabis Cultivation License Credit/Refund Documents:
- CCL Credit/Refund Worksheet (updated version)
- Refund Request Form
- Withdraw Form
UPDATE CONCERNING OFFICE HOURS FOR HELIX AND LACO
As of October 3, 2022 appointments with Helix and Laco consultants will be discontinued. The Trinity County Cannabis Division office is open for all questions M-Th 8-2 pm or by appointment M-F 8am-4pm. We can also be reached by calling (530) 623-1351 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns you might have concerning your current Cannabis License or current application for a Cannabis License.
Is Your Contact Information Up to Date?
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility (and, if applicable, their authorized agent's responsibility) to ensure that the Trinity County Cannabis Division has accurate and up to date contact information for the applicant (and, if applicable, their authorized agent). Mandatory contact information includes email, phone number, and mailing address.
The Trinity County Cannabis Division will use the contact information provided on the applicant's most recently submitted license application for all communications, unless otherwise updated by the applicant or their authorized agent(s). The Trinity County Cannabis Division shall not be responsible for any communication not received by the applicant (or their authorized representative) if accurate and up to date contact information has not been provided in writing.
If the applicant (or their authorized representative) contact information needs to be updated, please email the Trinity County Cannabis Division at email@example.com.
Cannabis Program Informational Update Meetings:
1. Meeting Recording for December 20, 2021
2. Meeting Recording for January 20, 2022
Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) Information:
Starting October 20th, the Planning Department Cannabis Division is accepting Appendix C documents for all existing and new licensees. The prioritization for reviewing Appendix C documents is outlined in the Transition Plan.
- Appendix C Resubmittals
- Mitigation Measure Applicability Table
- The following table is intended to identify which of the mitigation measures included in the Trinity County Cannabis Program EIR are applicable to specific projects. This is to be included with any Appendix C: Environmental Checklist submission.
- State Project Description
- Copy of Transition Plan adopted by BOS on October 19th, 2021
- The Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) Submittal Coversheet will need to be completed for Appendix C Environmental Checklists.
- Electronic submittals are encouraged via email with the subject line "Appendix C for CCL ###".
- Emailed submissions should be sent to the new Cannabis Division general email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While it is highly encouraged to use an environmental professional, the Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) can be completed by anyone.
- All supporting scientific studies and reports must be completed by qualified professionals (i.e. Qualified Biologist, Licensed Geologist etc.).
- Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) - PDF
- Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) - WORD Doc
- List of Consultants
- How to Become a Qualified Professional
- Trinity County Cannabis Program Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR)
Cannabis Program Updates/Policy Memos:
- New Protocols for Requesting and Scheduling Inspections
- New Transfer Application and Office Hours
- Appendix C Resubmittals
- Inactive Commercial Cannabis License Files and Transfers
- Cannabis Program Update for the Week of September 20, 2021
- DCC Memo: State Provisional Licenses Remain Valid in Trinity County
- Cannabis Program Update for the Week of September 13, 2021
- Memo Regarding TAA vs. County Trinity (Case No. 19cv00) Judgment
- December 8, 2020 Policy Memo on Inactive Commercial Cannabis Cultivation Licenses and Transfers
Cultivation Medium Outdoor (Type III) License Availability – Updated 12/20/19
Currently, the Planning Department Cannabis Division has confirmed interest from the first 15 eligible 2016/2017 CCL holders. At this time all 15 available licensees are reserved. However, please check back for updates on this process.
Resolution No. 2016-077 Adopting Four Principles on Local Regulations of Cannabis
Chapter 17.43 - Commercial Cannabis Cultivation Regulations
Chapter 17.43A - Wholesale Cannabis Nurseries and Resale of Auxiliary Nursery Products
Chapter 17.43B - Distribution Regulations for Commercial Cannabis
Chapter 17.43C - Cannabis Testing Facilities Regulations
Chapter 17.43D - Cannabis Non-Storefront Retail
Chapter 17.43E - Cannabis Microbusiness
Chapter 17.43F - Cannabis Manufacturing
Retail Storefront Ordinance 315-852
|Cannabis Fee Schedule|
|Class Type||Application Fee||General Plan Update Fee|
|Cultivation Specialty Cottage Outdoor||$750.00||$250.00|
|Cultivation Specialty Cottage Mixed Light||$1,500.00||$250.00|
|Cultivation Specialty Cottage Indoor||$2,000.00||$250.00|
|Cultivation Specialty Outdoor and Mixed Light||$3,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cultivation Small Outdoor and Mixed Light||$5,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cultivation Medium Outdoor (candidates only)||$8,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cultivation Self Transport||No Fee||No Fee|
|Distribution Type 11 (Distributor)||$6,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Distribution Type 13 (Transport Only)||$2,000.00||No Fee|
|Manufacturing Type 6||$5,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Manufacturing Type 7||$6,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Manufacturing Type N||$2,000.00||$500.00|
|Manufacturing Type P||$2,000.00||$500.00|
|Manufacturing Type S (not currently available)||
$2,000 for non cultivators
No fee for culivators
|Microbusiness Specialty Cottage||$2,500.00||$750.00|
Intial Fee: $2 per square foot
Renewal Fee: $1,000
|$1,000 for both initial and renewal|
|Cannabis Variance Fee||$751.00||No Fee|
|Conditional Use Permit||$2,439.001||No Fee|
1 - Ask staff for a fee estimate prior to writing a check/submitting formal payment. This is the base value associated with CUP applications and the total fee cost is project specific.
Appeal Form (Application Fee of $500)
Cultivation Self-Transport Application
State Waterboard Receipt Example
Cannabis Waste Management Plan Requirements
Well Rate Recovery Testing Form
Hoop House Guidance Updated 5/30/2018
What is NOT considered a hoop house Updated 5/30/2018
California Department of Fish and Wildlife Related Documents
Guidance from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife for Compliance with Fish and Game Code 1602 (updated December 1, 2017)
California Department of Fish & Wildlife Notification of Lake or Streambed Alteration Webpage
California State Waterboard Related Documents
California Water Board Cannabis Cultivation Webpage
State Water Resources Control Board Statement of Water Diversion and Use Application
Opt Out Area Maps
Trinity Center Community Services District
Coffee Creek Volunteer Fire District Maps
Weaverville CSD - North (Weaverville)
Weaverville CSD - South (Weaverville & Douglas City)
Lewiston CSD and Bucktail Subdivision
Lewiston Opt Out Expansion Ext 1
Less Than 3-Acre Conversions
Ordinance 315-815.EXT Prohibiting Three-Acre Conversions
Less Than 3-Acre Conversions Affidavit